June 17, 2020
1 min read

PM calls all-party meeting on 19th

Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Photo: IANS/PIB)

After the Indo-china stand off at gave way for an unprecedented clash between the soldiers of both the countries, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called for an all-party meeting on June 19th. The meeting will discuss India-China border issue following the violent Monday night face-off in the Galwan Valley in Ladakh on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in a tweet on Wednesday said that the meeting will be held at 5 p.m. on June 19 in which issues related to the face-off between the Indian forces and Chinese People’s Liberation Army soldiers at patrolling point number 14 in eastern Ladakh will be discussed.

The presidents of various parties will take part in the meeting. “In order to discuss the situation in the India-China border areas, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called for an all-party meeting at 5 p.m. on 19th June. Presidents of various political parties would take part in this virtual meeting,” the PMO tweeted.

Meanwhile, government sources said, several Indian Army soldiers are “critically injured” and are undergoing treatment and that “casualties could increase” in the one of the deadliest attack carried out by the Chinese Army at the LAC. Government sources said that the number of critically injured personnel is in double digit, Indian Army refused to comment on the numbers and stated that several were injured.

The attack on Indian Army personnel by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army happened on Monday night and continued for almost six to seven hours, according to the army sources.

Also Read: A day after the attack, China asserts sovereignty over Galwan Valley

Previous Story

Casualties on Chinese side in single digits, so far

Next Story

Doctors Hail Dexamethasone Results

Latest from DEFENCE

India nears $1b GE jet engine deal

India closes in on a $1 billion deal with GE for 113 fighter engines, securing continuity for HAL’s LCA Mark 1A programme and future-proofing IAF capability. India is set to take another

India’s warship double boost to Navy

India strengthens maritime security with the commissioning of two indigenous stealth frigates, while Project-75(I) promises submarines with unmatched underwater endurance, redefining naval deterrence in the Indian Ocean. The Indian Navy took a

Unprecedented Indo-Japan military tech partnership

India and Japan are breaking new ground in defence cooperation by forging an “unprecedented high-technology military collaboration,” a detailed report by the Tokyo-based Japan Forward Association said this week. “The Indo-Pacific region

Army intensifies rescue ops in Uttarkashi

According to the Indian Army, over 225 Army personnel including infantry and engineering teams are on ground for search, rescue, and relief tasks…reports Asian Lite News The Indian Army has launched a

India and Japan deepen naval bond

Indian Navy Chief Admiral Tripathi meets Japanese Defence Minister; visits advanced JMSDF units and shipbuilding facilities. The interaction and visits carried out by Admiral Tripathi set the ground for greater mutual understanding
Go toTop