August 28, 2024
2 mins read

US condemns attacks in Balochistan, pledges support

Over 70 people were killed in multiple cases of terror attacks reported in the Balochistan province of Pakistan…reports Asian Lite News

The US on Tuesday condemned the recent terrorist attacks in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, which resulted in significant loss of life and said that it stands with Islamabad in its fight against terrorism.

Sharing a post on X, the Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs of the US State Department said, “The United States strongly condemns the multiple attacks in Pakistan’s Balochistan province which took many lives.”

Expressing condolences who lost their lives in the attacks, it further added, “Any violence disrupting peace and stability is indefensible. We stand with Pakistan in its fight against terrorism and we send our deepest condolences to those who lost their loved ones.”

Notably, over 70 people were killed in multiple cases of terror attacks reported in the Balochistan province of Pakistan, Al Jazeera reported citing military and police officials.

The country’s military said 14 soldiers and police were killed. 21 terrorists were also killed in fighting in a major attack that targeted vehicles on a major highway in Bela, a town in Lasbela district.

In a separate attack in Musakhel district, local officials said at least 23 civilians were killed after attackers reportedly stopped their convoy, checked their IDs and determined they were from Punjab. 35 vehicles were also set ablaze in the incident.

10 people – five police and five civilians – were reportedly killed in Kalat in an attack on a police post and a highway.

On Monday, rail traffic with Quetta was also suspended following blasts on a rail bridge in the town of Bolan, linking the provincial capital to the rest of Pakistan, as well as on a rail link to neighbouring Iran, railways official Muhammad Kashif said.

Six unidentified bodies have been found by the police so far, near the attack site on the railway bridge.

Balochistan province has had a simmering rebellion for years, with several armed groups present. Rights groups have denounced Pakistan’s response to the movement, which they document as including enforced disappearances and other forms of state repression, Al Jazeera reported.

The attacks, along the highway that connects to the province of Punjab, came shortly after the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) warned people to stay away from highways in the province. (ANI)

ALSO READ: Sindhi leader calls for independence referendums

Previous Story

Sindhi leader calls for independence referendums

Next Story

India Gets Its Second N-Sub

Latest from -Top News

Modi lands in Tianjin, set to meet Xi and Putin

Modi’s China trip marks a crucial diplomatic moment as he engages Xi and Putin at the SCO Summit, balancing India’s strategic priorities with regional cooperation. Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Tianjin

Stalin begins UK, Germany trip to woo investors

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin begins week-long tour of Germany and the UK to attract investments, strengthen diaspora ties, and push the state’s trillion-dollar vision. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin

India, Africa eye doubling of trade by 2030

India and Africa pledge to double trade by 2030, focusing on cars, energy, digital finance, healthcare and value-added growth to empower youth and economies. India and Africa are set to deepen economic

Tariff tantrums push India eastward

Modi’s trip is less about China or Russia and more about sending a message to Washington. India is not a pawn. It is a player. And Trump may have just pushed it
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Taliban in close touch with Al Qaeda: Report

The report estimated that an approximate presence of “180 to

Floods kill 120 Afghans over past one month

Flooding occurred in more than 10 provinces and caused severe