June 27, 2023
1 min read

Israeli FM talks Iranian threat with Cleverly

Cohen recently visited South Korea for discussions with the country’s leaders on the threat posed by Tehran…reports Asian Lite News

Israel’s Foreign Minister Eli Cohen spoke with his British counterpart, UK Foreign Secretary James Cleverly. The two discussed the latest developments in the region.

Cohen said he thanked Cleverly for promoting British legislation against boycotts and BDS groups and that they agreed that action must be taken to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, which would destabilize the Middle East and the entire world. The two also agreed that they will meet again soon in Israel.

Earlier this month, Iran revealed what it claimed was its first hypersonic missile. Iran is known to cooperate with North Korea in developing missile technologies, thus giving Israel and South Korea common enemies.

The Fattah missile was presented at a ceremony attended by Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Commander-in-Chief Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami and other top officials, Iran’s state-run IRNA news service reported.

According to the report, the weapon has a range of 1,400 kilometers (870 miles) and a maximum speed of Mach 13-15 (9,974.5-11,509 mph).

Cohen recently visited South Korea for discussions with the country’s leaders on the threat posed by Tehran.

“Korea understands very well the danger of a nuclear threat, and I intend to talk with my foreign minister colleagues [in various nations] about the fight against Iran,” Cohen said. “As minister of the economy [in 2017-2020], I signed a free trade agreement with Korea, and now I will work to increase trade between the countries and realize the potential of cooperation,” he added.

ALSO READ-MBZ dials Putin, discusses developments in Russia

Previous Story

Pole fitness and positive impact on physical health

Next Story

UK celebrates a decade of NYC Pride

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop