April 25, 2022
1 min read

UNHRC seeks probe in Afghanistan attacks

Eight months after the Taliban reclaimed Afghanistan, there’s been increased violence and a resurgence of extremist groups…reports Asian Lite News

Stressing the protection of Afghans’ human rights, the newly appointed United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) special rapporteur on Afghanistan Richard Benn has pledged to continue monitoring, seeking investigation and accountability over the recent attacks in the country.

“I stand with all Afghans grieving loved ones after last week’s horrific attacks; will continue to monitor & seek #investigation & # accountability. Afghans’ #humanrights must be protected: prevent violations & ensure internationally-guaranteed justice,” he said in a Tweet, according to Pajhwok Afghan News.

A blast occurred in the mosque of Afghanistan’s Imam Sahib district of Kunduz, killing at least 33 people including children and 43 wounded, Zabiullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the Taliban said.

“At least 33 people including children were killed and 43 were wounded in the mosque attack in the Imam Sahib district of Kunduz, Islamic Emirate spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said on Twitter. Condemning the attack, he said efforts are ongoing to bring the perpetrators to justice,” TOLOnews reported.

The explosion took place on last Friday at the Mawlawi Sekandar Mosque in the Imam Sahib district of northern Kunduz province in Afghanistan.

Eight months after the Taliban reclaimed Afghanistan, there’s been increased violence and a resurgence of extremist groups. Notably, Afghanistan has been rocked by a new wave of violence after the Taliban regained control of the country. (ANI)

ALSO READ: Afghanistan facing worst food crisis

Previous Story

Afghanistan-Iran border crossing reopens

Next Story

PM to open India’s flagship foreign policy conference

Latest from -Top News

India Tightens Checks on Chinese Imports

India has ramped up monitoring of Chinese imports amid growing concerns of cheap goods being redirected into the Indian market following the United States’ steep tariff hike on Chinese exports. Commerce Secretary

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Will India continue to wait and watch on Afghanistan?

As a neighbour with historical people-to-people contacts, India cannot remain

Afghan nationals protest against Biden outside White House

The protesters also decried the Taliban’s actions back home and