March 16, 2022
1 min read

Blast in Balochistan kills 4 soldiers

Sibi Assistant Commissioner Sana Mahjabeen said among the 10 injured personnel, the condition of six was critical, and they were being treated at Sibi’s Combined Military Hospital…reports Asian Lite News

 At least four Pakistan Frontier Corps (FC) personnel were killed and 10 other personnel were injured in a blast on an FC convoy in the Sangan area of Quetta’s Sibi district on Tuesday, officials said, Dawn reported.

Sibi Assistant Commissioner Sana Mahjabeen said the blast was caused by an improvised explosive device (IED).

She said among the 10 injured personnel, the condition of six was critical, and they were being treated at Sibi’s Combined Military Hospital.

Meanwhile, Adviser to the Balochistan Chief Minister on Home Mir Zia Langove condemned the incident and said in a statement that the injured FC personnel should be provided the best medical treatment.

He also expressed grief over deaths caused by the blast.

“Terrorists are making failed attempts at sabotaging peace in Balochistan through such cowardly acts,” he said.

Separately, Balochistan government spokesperson Farah Azeem Shah also condemned the incident and expressed sorrow over the loss of lives.

She said the role of security forces in ensuring peace in Balochistan had been “exemplary”, adding that “anti-Pakistan forces were trying to sabotage peace in Balochistan.”

The blast on the FC convoy comes a week after a suicide bomber struck along the route of President Arif Alvi’s motorcade in Sibi, claiming the lives of six security personnel and leaving 22 others, including 19 law enforcers, injured.

The suicide bomber had blown himself up near a government rest house on Jail Road after the motorcade of President Alvi and other VIPs passed through the area on their return from the concluding ceremony of the annual Sibi festival held at Sibi Stadium, Dawn reported.

ALSO READ: Russia takes on Canada, imposes sanctions

Previous Story

Russia takes on Canada, imposes sanctions

Next Story

Kiev not serious about talks: Putin

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Pak Military Plans $100 Billion Economic Revival

The COAS has reassured the community of substantial foreign investments

Everyone will get a ‘surprise’ on Nov 26, says Imran

The former premier reiterated that he is no more concerned