February 24, 2021
1 min read

Taliban bars sheltering foreigners

Taliban takes first step as Doha talks resume

The group has warned its members that anyone who makes such an attempt will be removed from their assignments and their group will be dissolved…reports Asian Lite News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBGxflllD0

Taliban has directed its fighters and members to avoid harbouring foreign nationals and not to permit them to join their ranks .

The decision came up amid doubts over the group’s commitment to cut their ties with the Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

“All heads and Mujahedeen are directed to avoid the arbitrary move to bring in foreign nationals into their ranks or harbour them,” the Taliban said in a statement, a copy of which was seen by TOLO news on Tuesday.

The group has warned its members that anyone who makes such an attempt will be removed from their assignments and their group will be dissolved, while “it will be referred to the military affairs commission for further punishment.”

The Taliban has been under criticism by the Afghan and the US officials for keeping their ties with the terrorist groups, particularly the Al-Qaeda.

Afghanistan’s killing fields: Taliban and its mentors have blood on their hands

The Taliban has however, denied its relations with the Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

“We believe that the top leadership of Al-Qaeda is still under Taliban protection,” a UN official, Edmund Fitton-Brown, said earlier this month.

According to the UN monitoring team’s report in January, there are 200 to 500 Al-Qaeda members across about 11 Afghan provinces.

The Taliban has committed in the Doha agreement to cut their ties with Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups. The group has also vowed to reduce violence. However, Afghan and US officials have said that violence remains “too high” in the country despite the ongoing efforts for peace.

The Taliban’s move comes as the peace negotiators of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the Taliban met in Doha after 36 days on Monday evening in which they agreed to continue their meetings on the agenda of the talks.

Also read:‘52% of Afghanistan still under Taliban control’

Also read:Taliban not committed to peace, says Afghan NSA

Previous Story

Pakistan offers $15mn LoC to Sri Lanka

Next Story

Parineeti not worried about criticisms

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop